Thursday, July 22, 2010

tried to write something funny here, it didn't work out so well

On Tuesday Jules, Seb, and I left work at 2 and drove over to the East Bay with Mac in his car. We wandered around the shops at Telepgraph Hill for a while and checked out the Berkeley Cal campus. Then we headed over to Pena Cultural Centre for an awesome NVDA (Non-Violent Direct Action) training.

I've done a few of these, but this one was by far the best. There was so much really applicable hands on stuff that can definitely be used. How to de-escalate a situation, how to set up a blockade and arrange yourselves, arms and legs around the people around you, so you're more difficult to move. Not that I'm planning on stirring up trouble anytime soon, but it's all good to know.

After the NVDA training we ate - food was provided! I love provided food! And then stayed for a Teach-In all about the oil spill. Which was also ridiculously interested, and depressing all in one. The speakers were phenomenal though.

Then we took two BARTs and a bus back to Jules' place and I stayed over there. The next morning I finally got my Greenpeace blog published. Check it out:

http://members.greenpeace.org/blog/kelseymech/2010/07/20/activist-network-intern-s-reflection


Also, I'm hooked on this yoga thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment