Monday, July 5, 2010

[insert creative title here]

Wow, I didn't realize I hadn't written here in so long. Sorry folks.

Thursday we started our new Costco campaign and started to get folks to download the toolkit to get to work. The idea of the Activist Network portion of this campaign is really just public education and raising awareness. We are asking Lead Activists to print off wallet-sized cards explaining how Costco can and needs to improve their sustainable seafood purchasing policies. Two hours after we had launched the toolkit one Lead Activist had already handed out 90 in front of the Costco near him. :) Anyway, our goals were for 40 people to download the toolkit on Thursday, 100 by Friday, and 230 over all. Which means that maybe half of those people will actually do something. And we expected that only about 20 Student Lead Activists would download, for various reasons I won't go into. Or maybe I will. Basically the only really really great Lead Activists we have our those that the three of us have recruited in the last few weeks because the screws in the system weren't nearly as tight before hand. So that lowers our numbers. Anyway... by 2 pm on Friday there had already been 95 Lead Activist downloads and over 30 Student Activist downloads. Very exciting :)

On Thursday night Lilli Ann picked me up after work and took me to Trader Joe's to do some shopping. I definitely stocked up on Pesto Tortellini... I think that has become one of my staple foods here. Haha. It's good and cheap and that's about all I can ask for right now. She also took me to Rainbow Grocery which is amazing. Oh my gosh. Anyone reading this who likes to shop organic, healthy, and wants all the possible options in the world for reasonable prices would be in heaven. This store is HUGE and it's AMAZING. It's like your traditional health food store on crack and with lower prices. I love it. She then took me to the Mission for Indian food which was so yummy. And then we went to a famous ice creamery just off Dolores park. Every time I have driven by on the bus the line has been around the corner and down the block and I have wondered why. But now I know. Their ice cream is so good, especially their special "Salted Caramel" flavour. It sounds really strange but it was so addictive and delicious. It's one of those things that you're really not sure if you like but you cannot stop eating anyway.

I feel like I must have done something exciting on Friday night but I don't think I did. But on Saturday morning I hit up the farmer's market again which was awesome. Saturday night Amy, Mac, and Jules came over and... well not the greatest night of my life. Enough said.

Yesterday was Sunday and Fourth of July, and recovering from said Saturday night. So I didn't end up going out to do anything to celebrate during the day. However, at around 7 I headed over to Jules's place and we hung out with some of her roommates friends. We hiked up to the top of Bernal Hill which has a view of the whole city and watched some of the fireworks from up there and drank champagne. It was nice. The view is so so gorgeous. It's too bad it was foggy out though (big surprise, we're talking about San Francisco) so we couldn't see all the way to the fireworks on fisherman's wharf, but lots of people were setting them off in the Mission anyway so it was still lovely :)

No comments:

Post a Comment