Tuesday, July 13, 2010

let's paint this city

On Sunday night Mandi, Aaron and I all hung out for a while on the back steps, enjoying the cool evening air. They said they might come visit me back at home at some point, since they have always wanted to drive up to Canada anyway, and I'm tellin' ya, I am sure going to hold them to their word. Later on we progressed downstairs and Aaron gave me my first drum lesson that he has been talking about for a while. It was pretty stellar, I even got the whole playing the bass on the offbeat thing. Very exciting. :)

Monday was a regular day of work and I came home to a nice loud band practice downstairs. Jason had a couple of his friends over, Jaffie and Steve, and Mandi had her friend Ashley over. We all hung out and ate a delicious dinner that Mandi had prepared. It was so yummy. And then we played Rock Band and Apples to Apples until late at night. Fun times.

This morning at work we were at the warehouse again to paint a banner for the Activist Summit, a gathering/training for environmental activists all around the country that is coming up soon. It only took us a couple of hours and the banner looks awesome. We even got to don jumpsuits so we wouldn't get paint on our clothes, so we looked super cool. I think Amy will be posting some photos on facebook pronto.

Work was so great today. Ben came back with a big shiner.. questionable?? Hmm. But our calls this afternoon went so well! It can be so energizing sometimes. My first person was so dull and dry and not enthused, so it made everyone after that so much better. I'm pumped.

After work Jules and I headed out to the natural and organic grocery store here, Rainbow Grocery, and bought all sorts of healthy food like whole wheat pasta, soy yogurt, sesame seeds, seaweed, quinoa, and kambucha.

No comments:

Post a Comment